In 2011, the theme for TED was “The Rediscovery of Wonder.” As a speaker for education audiences and corporate audiences, John Hunter has much to share about wonder and its importance as a critical competency in an age where routine and repetitive is outsourced and creativity is a competitive edge.
SCHEDULE JOHN HUNTER TO SPEAK
Fill out the following form and we’ll be in touch.
At the heart of John Hunter’s work in the classroom is The World Peace Game, which Hunter has developed over his 35+ years of teaching. The reality that we are faced within our fast-paced, interconnected world are reflected in the core principles of the Game:
- Contradictory elements can and should co-exist
- Deliberate creation of an overwhelming sense of diverse complexity
- Encouragement of complex problem solving in a collaborative situation
- Promotion of the ability to hold and maintain multiple perspectives simultaneously, around an issue while withholding judgment
- Creation of a reflective-thinking log to follow personal exploration of the process of mind habits
- Show, understand, and appreciate the value of non-measurable outcomes
Game participants learn to create and think through economic, social, and environmental solutions to challenges ahead. Hunter’s World Peace Game provides new and more profound methods of evaluating progress for both teachers and students, beyond the results of standardized tests.
John Hunter is a moving and insightful speaker for any group interested in how they will thrive in the future, and if they are preparing themselves to work comfortably at the frontiers of the unknown.