LISTEN TO WORLD PEACE GAME FACILITATORS DISCUSS THE GAME
MASTER CLASS DETAILS
$1,375 per attendee.
Group Registration and Scholarships
The Foundation offers limited scholarship assistance for educators to participate in a master class. Groups of 4 or more are eligible for a discount. For more information on scholarship assistance and group discounts, please contact our Executive Director.
Sample Schedule (subject to locality preferences)
8:00am to 4:00pm, (2:00pm on Friday)
Lunch: 12:00pm -1:00pm
Good Background information for Master Classes:
John Hunter’s TEDtalk
BECOME A FACILITATOR
Take a Master Class
A Master Class is an unparalleled experience for teachers to come together in an environment insulated from the demanding rhythms and routines of the day in order to interrogate their own teaching practices. The five-day session certifies educators to use the World Peace Game in their classroom.
Classes are meant for teachers of all grade levels and subject areas.
Using the World Peace Game as an inspiring and challenging analogy, master class participants observe the facilitation of the Game live with students each morning. Afternoon sessions focus on introducing educators to the following:
- guiding philosophy and pedagogical principles that underlie the Game,
- Identifying the essential attributes necessary to facilitate the Game through a series of reflective questions and activities
- designing learning that is inspired by the principles and spirit of the game.
This process renders new possibilities for different approaches in their teaching method and their learning design. Using new insights, class participants take the outcomes evident in this work and design toward them using their own age group students and subject area and interests.
- Engagement and Student Ownership of Learning
- Game as Third Teacher
- Renewal, Reflection, Reinvention
- Strengths, Fears and Possibilities
- Moving from Control to Structure
- Being the Teachers Our Students Need
- Teacher as Designer
- Open Space Curriculum Design