John Speaking at TED2014!
John’s talk on March 20 is among five special sessions renamed, for this year only, as “TED All-Stars.”
This unique TED event features a number of previous speaker luminaries including; Bill Gates, Jane McGonigal, Sir Ken Robinson, Sal Kahn, Sarah Kay, Jeff Bezos, Hans Rosling, David Brooks, Stewart Brand, Ray Kurzweil, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Isabele Allende, and many more!
His nine year-old World Peace Game players have been honored by General Martin Dempsey, Head of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and have had peer-to-peer meetings with Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and military generals from all branches of the armed services. Topic of discussion; “how might the Pentagon/Defense Department avoid war as the World Peace Game players have consistently done over decades?”
Book & Film
The Film Documentary also titled “World Peace and Other 4th Grade Achievements” has had screenings and television broadcasts through the American Public Television Networks (over 1900 broadcasts across the US) and in Asia, the Middle East, Europe, and Latin America. The Film.
John has spoken at a number of recognized universities and educational organizations including MIT, Harvard’s Program of Negotiation and Graduate School of Education, Michigan State University, The University of Houston, Brown University – Art of Peace (Quebec) Summit, Kent State University, Oregon State University, Georgetown University, Virginia Commonwealth University, University of Virginia, Ferrum College, Miami Dade College, Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania, The Darden Business School at the University of Virginia, and The National Association of Independent Schools and the American Montessori Society.
The Future of the Game
The World Peace Game is becoming an international phenomena as John has personally shared the Game through Master Classes on the Game’s mechanics in Scandinavia, Europe and Asia. To continue the legacy of the Game, John is now seeking partners to support the World Peace Game’s living independently of its creator, planning for its sustained use and development far into the future.
More details about partnerships and funding upcoming!
Appearances and Book Signings
Book Signings coast to coast across the US and additionally, the translation rights to the book have been bought by Kadokawa Shoten Publishing Company (Tokyo), one of the major publishers of books, magazines, game books and other media content in Japan.
We’ve been traveling a lot! Here are a few recent articles, interviews and presentations John has been including:
- John had a number of television and radio interviews including MSNBC, CBS Good Morning, and National Public Radio.
- Scholastic Magazine
- Talk and book signing at the Washington DC Board of Trade, 7/19/13
- WAMU Dianne Rehm Show – Summer 2013
- Bloomington Dharma Center – Indiana – Fall 2013
- Enoch Pratt Library Talk – Baltimore Maryland – Fall 2013
- Brian Lehner NYC – NPR Radio – Summer 2013
- Multicultural Education Forum – The Fenn School 2/2014
- PathNorth Annual Gathering Business consortium – Washington DC 2/2014
- Jefferson Madison Library, Charlottesville, VA – Fall 2013
- School Library Journal Presentation, New York Public Library – Summer 2013
- International Boys School Coalition Richmond VA – Summer 2013
- Oregon State University Linus Pauling Peace Lecture – Fall 2013
- Martin Luther King Speech and Film screening of World Peace and Other 4th Grade Achievements
- Miami Dade Faculty Symposium – Fall 2013
- Michigan State University Wednesday Night Live Talk – Fall 2013
- Kent State University Talk and Seminar – Fall 2013
- Search for Common Ground Award – Washington DC – 11/14/13
- John’s TEDx Charlottesville Talk- Fall 2013
- Teacher Renewal Retreats at Sweetbriar College, Amherst Virginia – Fall 2013
- Kennesaw State University Pathways to Peace Lecture – 3/2014
- Charlottesville Family Magazine Article
- Inquiring Minds USA Article
- Montessori Conference in Austria
- John will speak at a Montessori Conference in Vienna Austria to 1.000 educators
Our Master Classes are where educators not only delve into the Word Peace Game mechanics and “dna”, but are also empowered and challenged to create dynamic top-tier curriculum of their own!
John and Jamie Baker Executive Director of the Martin Institute for Teaching Excellence have now established World Peace Games in San Diego, Seattle, Dallas, Alma Colorado, Denver Colorado, Minneapolis, Nashville, two sites in Honolulu and two in Milwaukee, and Bergen Norway, with upcoming World Peace Game/Master Classes in 2014 to be held in Shanghai China, Emmersdorf, Austria, Menlo Park California, Rutgers New Jersey, and Baltimore Maryland.