SCHEDULE A SCREENING
Fill out this form, and we’ll be in touch.
WHY SEE THIS FILM?
The education documentary film, World Peace and Other 4th-Grade Achievements brings teachers and school leaders into the classroom with John Hunter and his students in a way that is intimate, personal, and moving. What we see is a teacher who both challenges and support his students to learn, grow, and develop skills that will serve them in a world that will be full of uncertainty, ambiguity, complexity, and unpredictability.
A look into John Hunter’s classroom creates the opportunity for teachers and school leaders to consider new possibilities in teaching. Conversation topics that easily flow from viewing the film include:
- vision and expectation of the student
- role of the teacher
- structure and management of the classroom
- global learning and global competency skills
- project-based learning
- just in time teaching
- relevant or real problem-based curricula
- leadership development
- types and uses of assessment
- instruction in teamwork and collaboration
- communication and negotiation skills